Friday, February 13, 2004

Ahh I miss the 80s ...

" ... my ambivalent attitude to that narrow strip of the 1980s, after post-punk but before dance, that held my teenage years. We had the worst of 80s excess - truly terrible clothes, the high watermark of Thatcherism, Reagan, Aids, the miner's strike, the Style Council and the Alarm. But we also had the Smiths - so there."

This Charming Shrine, Will Woodward in the Guardian

Ahhh the Eighties, I remember the Eighties.

I remember when I first met you.

Somewhere, sometime in the mid eighties a long time before we rose up slowly. A long time before the phenomenon.

Catching the bus from Adelaide to Sydney and listening to the Queen is Dead over and over again
Reagan & Thatcher
Kajagoogoo & Pseudo Echo haircuts
Heaven 17 videos
The Uncanny Xmen at the South Adelaide Supporters Club
Blakes Seven
Brideshead Revisited
Dr Who & The Goodies on TV every weekday at 6pm
Listening to Meat is Murder on Jerry's record player in his dusty garage bedroom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home